Ohayou Tokyo and Konnichiha to you gamers all over the world :). Today is filled with cool NES auctions and more. Although these are mostly “Buy it Now” you do have the option of submitting a “Best Offer” so try your luck.
First auction up is an 8 gigs of glorious power “Million Dollar North America Nintendo System” on eBay. Is it a time machine?! Nope. Does it predict the future? Nuh uh. Can it grant you wishes like a personal genie? Not at all but it does give you power that’s for sure… “Nintendo Power!”. It’s mainly for charity, the money goes to a good cause which is the “Children’s Miracle Network”, 95% of the final sale that is goes to charity(small deductions apply!!). The other 5%(or more) is generously donated to the seller, after all he is throwing in Mario, Duck Hunt, Zelda and more!
Next auction is a sought after “Stadium Events” for the NES. Quite a bit of these have surfaced in the past few months, and some of those were sealed, and found in the attic of some lucky persons home whose Grandfather forgot to give for Christmas. The sealed games ended for a ridiculous amount of 45k for the first auction. The later one was fabricated and ended at 100k(some lousy joke). With the amount of SE showing up on eBay I am questioning how many were actually made and if it is in fact as rare as collector’s say.
For those who don’t know what it is or why it is rare I will quote Wikipedia:
” The game was released for the Nintendo Entertainment System in Japan in 1986, in the United States in 1987 and in West Germany and Sweden in 1988. It was one of two games released in North America that were designed and branded for the Family Fun Fitness (FFF) mat as World Class Track Meet. The other game in the Family Trainer series, Athletic World, was released earlier in the same year.”
“The North American, or NTSC, version of Stadium Events is universally accepted as the rarest licensed NES game available for purchase in North America. It was recently named #6 on a list of 20 “Holy Grails of Console Gaming”, a list that covered all gaming systems in all countries. The reason for its rarity and subsequent high market price is due to its limited production and sales. At the time of its launch during the holiday season of 1987, Stadium Events was only available in limited stores. In 1988, Nintendo purchased the North American rights to the FFF mat technology and re-released it as the Power Pad.
The two Family Fun Fitness-branded games that had already been released, as well as Bandai’s version of the running pad accessory, were pulled from shelves and presumed destroyed. Because of this odd sequence of events, only 2000 copies are believed to have been produced, of which it is estimated that 200 copies reached consumers before being recalled. Today, collectors who follow the online sale of rare video games believe that fewer than 20 complete copies of the game exist, only two of which are known to be factory sealed. An eBay auction of a NES console along with a copy of the game with manual and box landed the seller a winning bid of $13,105 on February 13, 2010.”
I do hold my doubts on the numbers given as I think there are more than 20 complete copies and more than 2 Stadium events sealed as there were 3 sealed games alone on eBay in the past 4 months. Given all this the one up for auction is set at a considerable price. As a collector I wouldn’t pay more than $6000 for this current auction.
Me like Panesian :). Next auction features one of 3 Pornographic Panesian games.
“Peek-A-Boo Poker is a video game made by Hacker International and distributed by Panesian in 1991 as one of three pornographic video games the company made for the Nintendo Entertainment System, the other two being Bubble Bath Babes and Hot Slots. One of the earliest pornographic video games, it went out of mainstream distribution as the industry matured and the “user base broadened”. The distribution was also limited as major national chains would not carry the items for sale.
The gameplay consists of a simple strip poker simulator in which the player can see a different reward screen, consisting of a pornographic image of a woman, for every $1000 they collect in winnings, to a maximum of $5000. The game uses standard five-card draw poker rules. There are three computer controlled players: Full House Francine, Double Dealing Debby, and Pok-er [sic] Penny”
These sell as low as $400 so the current auction at $1600 is a bit high. Depends how bad you need it in your collection give a shot at the best offer.
Looking to start a North American Super Nintendo game collection? Have a good start here. An impressive collection although not all are complete or even come with a game.
RADAR SCOPE, this was a #1 hit in Japan and only 1000 exist. Too bad it’s not here in Tokyo. The seller lives in America and requires pick up only. Click here on eBay for RADAR SCOPE