Today’s theme will have 2-parts to it. One will be featured today, while the other will be done tomorrow.
The title of this post is a little bizarre if you think about it. Board Games that were made based from Video Games. Perhaps you might be thinking as to why someone would rather play a board game rather than the video game? Well, board games offer more of a family interaction, they are easy to play, and everyone enjoys themselves(getting turns). It’s a different alternative to playing the “Video Game” version. Just check out the 1983 Donkey Kong Board Game by Milton Bradley below; looks like so much fun!
For gamers, board games also prove to be great collector items. There are so many board games based on Video Game’s that you can have an entire room displaying them! 🙂 I always found some charm to the board game versions. The art work, the tangibility, the layout of the board, etc…
Today I’ll be listing some board games on eBay. There are an exceptional amount of board games that were made over the years based on video games, but I’ll list the ones that I was able to find on eBay.
Video Game “Board Games”:
– 1983 Donkey Kong Board Game. I believe this is the “N.American” version because of the art work. I’ve tried searching ebay for a more comprehensive conclusion but these versions only appear in N.America. Click here to see it!
– Street Fighter II 1994 Board Game. Danger lurks around every corner as your Street Fighter struggles to save humanity from the dreaded villain, M. Bison. Choose your Street Fighter character pawn. Then race across the 3-D city gameboard in pursuit of enemy World Warriors. Challenge them by rolling special dice in the Battle Arena. Every winning battle gives you more strength for your final showdown with M. Bison. When you’re powerful enough, storm Bison’s fortress for the ultimate battle. Do you have the power and courage to destroy him and become the greatest Street Fighter of them all.. Click here for SF board game
– Donkey Kong Country Japanese Board Game. This is a brand new board game produced by Takara in 1999. They also make figurines for DKC which can be found on eBay. This game is all in Japanese so g/l with that! Donkey Kong Country Board Game Here!
– Zaxxon Board Game. This is one of the older video game board games based on the arcade game by Sega. Seller doesn’t say if the games complete. Check out this game here.
– Donkey Kong Jenga Edition. I thought this Jenga DK edition was really neat. I don’t own it but will definitely own this in the future. The way you play this game is that you have to get Mario to the top of the tower to save the Princess. The blocks have a hole in the end of the piece in which you can attach your Mario piece too. Gotta make it up before the tower crumbles! Buy the Jenga Donkey Kong Edition here!.
– Super Mario Bros. Board Game. I just realized now I don’t own this game. I swear I saw it in my collection but it was another Mario item. Well, this was made for Mario lovers. It’s the only one on regular auction right now with 9 days left. It’s already at $27. Want to bid for this item? Click here!
– DOOM Fantasy Board Game. This is one of the “newer” video game board games out there. Seller has a 25% sale that ends in 5 days. Current price is $32.21. The games for 2-4 players and also has “paintable figures”! Check out the DOOM Fantasy Board Game!.
– The Legend of Zelda Board Game. Original 1988 LOZ board game! How can you make a post about VG board games and NOT include The Legend of Zelda? This is the only one up on eBay, but the downfall it that it’s missing “one” tile. You could buy this game and just print a way to print the tile, unless your picky(which I am 🙂 ). See the The Legend of Zelda Board Game.
– Frogger Board Game. How many of you knew this existed? Well Milton Bradley made a lot of video game board games back in the 80’s. This Frogger board game is from 1981! It’s complete and there is 12 hours left with no bidders. Price of the game is $9.99 which is not bad to keep for collecting purposes. Just check out how simple this game is. See the
**Thumb pic is from DigitalPress