Gamemaster Howard is at it again with his second wave of auctions. This time around it’s for the Original Xbox Launch Package with plenty of One-of-A-Kind goodies!! Gamemaster Howard, real name Howard Phillips is known for his direct involvement with Nintendo Of America of the 80’s & early 90’s. Howard also helped with the development of Nintendo games as he sought out what fit best for Nintendo gamers. Later in his career Howard moved onto Microsoft were he served as a key member of the original Xbox Launch team (hence the one-of-a-kind items).
Before moving on, in case you’ve missed the Gamemasters other auction it is still running and can be found by clicking here.
Below is the exact description taken from the Gamemasters eBay auction:
“My name is Howard Phillips and I was Nintendo’s original “Gamemaster” having worked at Nintendo from 1981 to 1991. Later in my career I worked at Microsoft from 1997 to 2006 in various roles including serving as a key member of the Original XBOX Console Launch Team during 2000-2001. Due to my unique level of involvement I was afforded a number of items including one that is clearly one-of-a-kind that I am now offering to the serious XBOX collector.
YOU ARE BIDDING ON THE FOLLOWING COLLECTION OF ITEMS;
One-Of-A-Kind Item – THE XBOX Grail;
- The First Official Xbox Certification Submission Disc with commemorative mounting. Mounted is the original NHL Hitz disc dated June 28th, 2001 submitted by Midway on July 2nd, 2001. This is the disc that launched the XBOX biz as we know it today. This item was given to me in 2001 by the then-head of the XBOX Certification Team.
Launch Team Items;
- The original XBOX Launch Team translucent green version of the console with two (2!) matching translucent green “DUKE” controllers, AV cord, and DVD remote – just 60 (?) were made. BillG’s signature is screened in metal underneath the XBOX jewel. The system is in good working condition (I played a game of Halo CE today to test it out 😉
- The original XBOX prototype replica model in machined and polished metal with illuminated XBOX logo. The original working XBOX prototype used to evangelize to developers is ~18’x18″x18″ and weight about 25lbs! It now resides in a special glass case at Microsoft Headquarters. This prototype replica was given to me when I worked on the Launch Team – I don’t know if more than one of these was made – I have never seen another…
- The original XBOX “Ship-It” “chip” dated November 15, 2001 awarded to each XBOX Launch Team Member along with my personal Microsoft “Ship It” commemorative plaque used for mounting (with my last name misspelled – thx Msft!)
- The original XBOX trade-show badge, pre-final logo “xbox 2001” baseball cap and XBOX logo windbreaker (not pictured – black with green XBOX logo on breast and XBOX on back – size XL) worn by Microsoft staff at XBOX launch.
- The XBOX Fall 2001 Brochure handed out at E3 2001 in MINT CONDITION (not pictured).
- The XBOX “Collector Series Official Trading Card” full set in MINT CONDITION made available only (?) at E3 2001. It says “Collect all 16” but for marketing purposes no card #13 was made.
- One XBOX LIVE 12-Month Subscription Card *unused* with the “scratch off” untouched (from 2002 launch of the LIVE service)
- Various XBOX-related stickers, buttons, key chain, notebook and pens from the launch.
So… there you have it. This collection is incomparable to any other given the one-of-a-kind item plus Launch Team items included in it. This is your chance to own a unique piece of XBOX history.
Note: There is a substantial reserve associated with this auction. Serious bidders only please.
AUTHENTICITY: To the best of my knowledge all the statements above regarding the collection contents are true and accurate. This said, I do not have any documentation as to the authenticity of the items.
CONDITION: Everything included is being sold “as-is. Please look closely at the pictures for more details.
If you have any further questions please email me before bidding. Please note that if something is not specifically described or pictured as being part of this auction listing, then it is not included.
RETURN POLICY: I offer a 14 day return policy under certain circumstances and at the Seller’s sole discretion. The original shipping charges are not refundable and any fees associated with the return are the responsibility of the buyer. The items will need to be returned in the original condition they were shipped out in.
SHIPPING & INSURANCE: Shipments to the US are via USPS Parcel Post unless there is a mutually agreed-upon alternative. Shipping to within the US including insurance is paid for by the seller. Shipment to outside the US will be a mutually agreed-upon carrier that is safe, secure, and any shipping and insurance expenses in excess of $100 are to be paid for by the buyer.
INTERNATIONAL BUYERS – PLEASE NOTE: Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility. Please check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding or buying. NOTE: due to PayPal seller protection rules I can only ship via Express Mail in order to provide proof of delivery. Express Mail is very expensive but also a secure way to ship. So please check the shipping calculator before purchasing any item from me because the shipping costs are not negotiable.
SHIPPING POLICIES: All PayPal payments must have confirmed addresses and I only ship to the confirmed address. I will ship within one week of payment being received. Please keep in mind I have no control over the FedEx so the final delivery time depends upon them. All international packages are shipped via Express Mail in order to provide proof of delivery. I will not ship via any other service since they are not accepted by PayPal and only lead to problems if something happens to the package.
COMMUNICATION: If there is a problem with the transaction please email me first before leaving feedback or opening a dispute. I am honest and fair in my dealings. If you don’t make me aware of the problem I can’t fix it. Also keep in mind that I am an individual and not a large business with multiple employees. I try to answer emails as quickly as possible but sometimes I’m just not around. So I will get back to you as soon as possible and I appreciate your patience.
thx! – h