Sell Old Video Games Like A Boss


Sell Old Video Games Like A Boss

Alright… so you just spent half a day cleaning your room, your basement and garage and found a bunch of old games that you don’t know what to do with.

You call your friends and no one wants your old PS3 or Xbox 360 games.

A call to GameStop proves to be embarrassing as the sales rep says they’ll give you close to nothing for your games.

At this point you ask yourself if maybe it’s easier to shoot out your old games and not worry about the hassle?

Well, one gamer in that situation figured it how to sell old video games like a boss…

Have pretty girls hold those old games you don’t want anymore!

Pretty Video Game Girl Hot

Pretty Video Game Nerd Hot

Yup… ebay seller mexomorph figured it out. He took all of his old games; titles that aren’t very desirable and took a different approach to market his games in a clouded selling enviroment. It’s all about sticking out and doing something different. That’s why I said he figured it all out.

Or did he?

Once upon a time I use to think that 95% of gamers were males and the other 5% as “other” (Women, Extra-terrestrials, etc…). Yes, I was living under a rock :).

But that number is so off. Times have changed, and literally the numbers are quite close.

  • 41% of gamers are women (which makes 59% males) (credit: ESA)

And more interesting:

  • Women aged 18+ represent a greater portion of the game-playing population than boys under the age of 18. (credit: ESA)

This is all according to a 2017 study by the good folks at ESA (Entertainment Software Association). So how about that as being a game changer? Would it not mater then if 49% of gamers are women, this throwing out the whole idea that these images are attracting males only?

Well not really.

Those who are familiar with e-commerce, or affiliate marketing will know the basics of selling/marketing online. And here’s a ninja trick for all of you who want to sell your old video games. Do exactly what this eBay seller is doing. The good people at Unbounce have gathered together all of the top landing pages that have generated high conversions of people selling products and/or services. At the top of the list is having images that show:

  • Women
  • Attractive People
  • Babies

This seller is a genius. He took a picture of his friends to hold up old school games and placed them on eBay to sell. What do you think has been happening? Sales of course! Just check out these decent numbers:

Sell Old Video Games Like a Boss

 

So to break it down, if he’s had 177 sales in the past 12 months, with an average sale being $30 (safe margin), that’s a total of $5,310 in his pocket! Ok, well not really because of the fee’s and all, but you get my drift. Most sellers just take a picture of their game on a table. I mean it’s fine especially if the game is rare. But if you have a common game and want to move it out of your place faster, I’d highly recommend taking his approach.

Adding a picture of a women will increase your response rates people. It’s not just about how attractive the women is in the picture (of course, that’s called the “halo effect”). Women in general are more trustworthy than men as conducted in a study by TIME. So subconsciously viewers will be more likely to click on an avatar/image of a women holding up a video game.

So instead of throwing out your old games in the trash, how about you sell old video games like a boss!

What's Your Reaction?

Love Love
2
Love
hate hate
0
hate
Cry Cry
0
Cry
Cute Cute
0
Cute
Damn Damn
0
Damn
Dislike Dislike
0
Dislike
fun fun
0
fun
Lol Lol
0
Lol
Like Like
0
Like
Win Win
0
Win
WTF WTF
0
WTF

Comments 0

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sell Old Video Games Like A Boss

log in

Don't have an account?
sign up

reset password

Back to
log in

sign up

Back to
log in

We use cookies to give you the best online experience. By agreeing you accept the use of cookies in accordance with our cookie policy.

Privacy Settings saved!
Privacy Settings

When you visit any web site, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. Control your personal Cookie Services here.

These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems.

In order to use this website we use the following technically required cookies
  • wordpress_test_cookie
  • wordpress_logged_in_
  • wordpress_sec

For perfomance reasons we use Cloudflare as a CDN network. This saves a cookie "__cfduid" to apply security settings on a per-client basis. This cookie is strictly necessary for Cloudflare's security features and cannot be turned off.
  • __cfduid

Decline all Services
Accept all Services